Well my HA friends, it has been real. As my new friend Edgar Degas said:
If we switch out the word “art” for the word “accomplishments”…
I have managed to accomplish approximately 900 hours of work this summer! To summarize, this entailed:
- the completion of 3 major archival projects for APT, involving hundreds of publications–including one large collection in West Texas
- acting as Assistant Registrar at the Tarble- communicating with an artist to arrange transport, insurance, and negotiate terms for a temporary loan for his incoming fall exhibit, AND I was assigned as the “lead” to check in the Degas exhibit
- assisted in recording an audio tour for the Degas exhibit
- completed a “backlog” accessions project, filled out catalogue worksheets, entered items onto Omeka, completed condition reports, artist and donor files, and marked the artwork
- I continued as Project Coordinator for the Cultivating Creativity Traveling Exhibit, and…
- I worked in the gallery at the Tarble- handling general operations and day-to-day tasks.
But alas, all this hard work was not in vain- the wonderful staff at the Tarble trusted me to handle many things, and their confidence in me was a great boost to my self esteem. I finally felt like I could actually be a “Museum Professional”. I certainly value all that EIU, Mike Jackson, and the staff at the Tarble has taught me- I would not be able to list those accomplishments without them! Au revoir!